Mixing sauces

After a whole day of work, I was exhausted and starving. Thinking of all the food in the fridge, I frowned. What should I cook today? Hmmm I have eggplants, carrots, mushrooms, chinese broccoli, and pork fillet. I googled and found a dish called chilli and sour eggplants. Sounds yummy! And what's exciting about it was all my childhood memory about chilli and sour dishes my mom made. It just made my mouth watery.

After I got back home, I started my third job today immediately - cooking!

And here's my work...


Actually I was looking for soy sauce, vinegar, and chilli sauce. BUT, after tipping the whole closet off, I still could not find anything that can be chilli enough. Remember, without chilli sauce or hot sauce, the sour vinegar would taste really strong and I definitely don't want that. So instead, I put in a whole lot of sugar and sweet sauces: ketchup and honey. As a worst possible substitute of hot sauce, I used bean sauce, which turns out not bad. Corn starch is also necessary to thicken the juice.

I hope I could make this dish better, but it was my first try. And it was eatable..

0 comments:

Post a Comment